Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD) In Dogs is a degenerative condition where the discs in your dog's back deteriorate faster than they should. Usually you contact your veterinarian because your dog is in pain and having trouble moving. This is usually right after doing something common such as jumping off furniture. You find out your dog has a ruptured, slipped or also called herniated disc caused by IVDD.
Intervertebral disc disease in dogs treatment can include a dog wheelchair. This can be beneficial for both early stage IVDD and for post surgery recovery.
Benefits Of a Dog Wheelchair For IVDD In Dogs
- Keeps your dog active - all dogs need at least a little exercise and maintaining a healthy weight is especially important if your dog has IVDD
- Reduces weight and pressure on the spine - especially beneficial if your dog is overweight
- If your dog is having rehab - dog wheelchair can be incorporated
- Can be used during bathroom breaks outside - reduces the need for pee pads and accidents in the house
- Reduces depression - dogs like to be active and a lack of mobility in your dog can cause depression
About The Author
Performance Dog Wheelchairs wants you to know that physical limitations are not the end to mobility. Our purpose is to give others and their dogs the ability to seek new adventures and overcome physical challenges with our wheels for handicapped dogs.
A dog wheelchair is also referred to as a handicap dog cart. One of the common needs is for hip dysplasia. We offer three different models and have small dog wheelchairs and large dog wheelchairs.
We offer a full support dog wheelchair which is also referred to as a dog quad wheelchair or four wheel dog wheelchair, a dog wheelchair for back legs and the patented SitGo Dog Wheelchair. This is the only one that allows your dog to go from standing to sitting without having to remove it.